Allusion


Hello guys! How are you? I want to share some knowledge about allusion that I have learnt with my teachers last week. Allusion is an indirect reference of limited length to a person, place, thing or idea of historical, cultural,political significance. It does not describe in detail the person or thing it is referring to – it simply suggests it or an expression designed to call something to mind without mentioning it explicitly. I choose the song title “My Heart Will Go On” from Celine Dion for example. this song is the love theme from titanic movie that very famous at the time and still wellknown until now.

The song lyrics : 
Once more you open the door
And you’re here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

This song is one of the defining songs of the 90’s and a classic movie song that will go down in history. You have to have seen the movie Titanic to fully understand the allusion she is making here. To the door that Jack and Rose laid on while the boat sank.

That's all I want to share I hope you at least understand a few points of what I'm saying. I hope you can also enjoy while reading. Stay safe and don’t ever go anywhere in the pandemic situation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Nicos Weg" Film Review

Classification of Rafflesia arnoldii